First CLME+ Project Steering Committee Meeting and Inception Workshop
The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of the UNDP/GEF co-funded Project “Catalysing Implementation of the Strategic Action Programme for the Sustainable Management of shared Living Marine Resources in the Caribbean and North Brazil Shelf Large Marine Ecosystems” (the “CLME+ Project”) will be having it's First CLME+ Steering Committee Meeting and Inception Workshop to be held in Cartagena, Colombia on 26-28 January, 2016.
The CLME+ Project Steering Committee (PSC) is expected to provide overall strategic policy and management direction for the project and play a critical role in reviewing and approving overall project planning and execution. More specifically, the CLME+ PSC will review project progress and results, make recommendations and adopt the (biennial) project work plans and budget.
The objectives of this First CLME+ Steering Committee Meeting and Inception Workshop are to:
- Review and adopt suggested updates to the CLME+ Project Document
- Review and adopt the CLME+ Project Work Plan and Budget for the period 2015 – 2017
- Adopt the proposed TORs for CLME+ Project National Focal Points and Steering Committee, including the proposed Rules and Procedures for the PSC meetings
- Review activities implemented during CLME+ Project Inception Phase
- Review and adopt proposed coordination and management arrangements for the CLME+ Project and the 10-year CLME+ Strategic Action Programme (SAP)