Communication, Education, Training and Awareness (CETA)
The importance of communication, education, training and awareness on environmental issues has been highlighted by Governments of the Wider Caribbean Region. Effective environmental management depends on a high level of public awareness and involvement, and on the availability of skills to respond to environmental challenges.
- Improve educational systems to promote positive attitudinal and behavioural changes relating to environmental management;
- Develop and implement training programmes for the management of coastal and marine resources;
- Support public awareness efforts by the media, private sector, community-based, and non-governmental organizations to demonstrate the value of marine and coastal resources;
- Increase access to data and information on coastal and marine resource management through strengthening of CEP websites, networks and databases; and
- Disseminate information resulting from the implementation of our projects and activities;
CETA supports our Pollution (AMEP) and Marine Biodiversity (SPAW) sub-programmes in the design, maintenance and dissemination of information.
CETA assists our Pollution and Marine Biodiversity sub-programmes to develop and implement technical training programmes and capacity building exercises at national and regional levels.
We encourage you to visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to get the most up to date information on environmental news in the region and internationally.
Check out our infographic with recent achievements of UNEP CEP.