Communication, Education, Training and Awareness is of great concern to the governments of the Wider Caribbean Region. Effective environmental management depends on a high level of public awareness and involvement, and on the availability of appropriate skills to respond to problems and issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communication, Education, Training and Awareness (CETA)
- The importance of communication, education, training and awareness on environmental issues has been highlighted by Governments of the Wider Caribbean Region. Effective environmental management depends on a high level of public awareness and involvement, and on the availability of skills to respond to environmental challenges.
- Education & Awareness
- The CETA Sub-programme supports the AMEP and SPAW Sub-programmes for the design, maintenance and dissemination of the information they require or generate, through the existing tools of the CEP or by developing new instruments such as databases, clearing houses, forums, etc. It also promotes the work of CEP and manages the CEP website and other related sites.
- The CEP supports the implementation of the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development and promotes the improved understanding of the value and importance of marine and coastal resources through various educational activities.
- CETA supports the development and implementation of training programmes and capacity building exercises at national and regional levels.
- The CETA Sub-programme assists the SPAW and AMEP Sub-programmes in raising awareness on marine related environmental issues affecting the Wider Caribbean Region. CETA participates in numerous outreach activities, organises national and regional competitions and partners with other agencies in raising awareness on the need to protect coastal and marine resources.
- Value for Money- UNEP CEP-Sub-programmes- September 2014.pdf